Follow Me on Pinterest Life or Something Like It: The Season of Cakes

Sunday, November 09, 2008

The Season of Cakes


More than a year has come and gone since her passing. The pain hasn't quite left and I don't expect it to go anytime soon. More has occurred since that sad day, but I care not to dwell on those events that had followed. This is, after all, a new year (or at least almost the end of one!). While the trees and animals of this continental region prepare for winter's slumber, I have been busily scurrying around my little kitchen baking tasteful concoctions of sweetness. 'Tis the season of celebrations, of birthdays that is! It felt like my house was a bakery, with cakes punching out of the oven, left, right and centre. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed every minute of it. Getting back to my creative side helped to heal my soul a little bit more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Follow Me on Pinterest